Many financial advisers struggle to consistently generate new, quality, sales leads. In this week’s post I’m giving you a few key tips to reliably ensure that your new business pipeline stays strong. Many of the old methods still have value, but if everyone’s doing them, you’re in a queue for the same client.
- Blog or newsletter: It’s the 21st century, people are online. They watch movies online, they buy air-tickets and holidays, they find new restaurants and they study. They use the web to research just about every purchase they’re going to make, whether online or offline. If you don’t have some presence, you’re missing all of these shoppers. Refine your niche, identify your unique strengths and start to write a few short articles that answer the questions this audience is asking. It’s not difficult to build a simple blog-site or to email a monthly newsletter.
- Use social media strategically: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter offer great opportunities to extend your network. Remember social media is “word-of-mouth” on steroids. Use LinkedIn to connect with former colleagues and friends, congratulating work announcements, requesting introductions and engaging on their content. Join LinkedIn groups and position yourself as a thought leader, through participating in discussions.
- Make “Word of Mouth” happen: if you’re on top of your game, outstanding service with excellent product knowledge, clients will talk about you. Encourage this further by not neglecting annual reviews with existing clients, and you’re opening the referral door wide!
- ASK for the referral: It’s AMAZING how many advisors still haven’t mastered this simple step. If you’re on top of your game, you shouldn’t be intimidated to ask your existing clients to point you onward to their colleagues, friends and family. One of the easiest ways to generate leads!
- Community networking: this can happen in the most obvious of places, join a golf club, a community initiative or get yourself added to local Facebook groups.
Just doing these things will get you into the mix, then it’s up to you to do what you do best; be alert for the buying signals, listen for the keys and play your game as hard as you know how.
Here at DFC Greater Gauteng, we work with great advisors. We understand the fundamentals of success and we nurture our team, to achieve greatness. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to be a better shot at success.